02 May 2009

More than Half Full

With J much more occupied with school (finals are approaching), I have had a lot more solo time with the boys. There have been lots of great things to do, but I noticed that about 30 minutes into each great activity, I would be thinking, "If only I weren't alone doing this...This would be so much easier with someone else helping...etc." At one such moment, I looked down to see the boys in the stroller, both smiling and just enjoying the beautiful day. I thought, "Okay, time to see the cup as half full! Make the best of the good that is around me. Enjoy what there is to enjoy, and let a beautiful day with my boys be 'enough'."

View of the boys in the stroller

Our days have been much better since then! The three of us have made it to the library, to the park, and even to the beach together. And when loading them in the car seems like too much, we have just walked to the courtyard or dipped into some watercolors! My cup is much more than 1/2 full! (Plus, my husband will back soon ;))

2 comments:

Carol and Tyler said...

that shot of them in the stroller is hilarious to me for some reason. Wish i were there to lend some helping hands. maybe one last flight would put me over the edge and this thing would come out already...

J-Lo said...

Nice shade creativity on the stroller. I also love j*'s "pink" crocs:)