13 May 2009

Finals, Toddlers, and Wrinkles...OH MY!

Finals...
J* completed his last final today!!!!! He has worked and studied very hard, and we are very proud of him. We've come a long way over the past 2 years! Way to go babe!


Toddlers...
Okay, just one toddler, but what an life-force he is! He has survived finals as graciously as any two year old could be expected! He and I went to a local cupcake bakery (with a coupon, of course) today to get a cupcake to share with daddy! The last hour before daddy made it home was just about too much for him to handle, but I wish I had a video of how much he enjoyed the bites of chocolate cupcake. Not to mention the joy in finding out that daddy was not going back to the library tonight!

They say children make sense of their experiences through play. Here's an example of j*'s attempts to make sense of law school finals. Over the past few weeks, he's has been packing up a little bag full of toys and saying, "I'm going to school." He walks down the hall to his room, and comes back within a minute with a big grin on his face. When I ask him what he learned about at school, he says, "Wills and trusts!"




I think that l* gets the award for smiling the most during the past few weeks! Thank goodness for his goodness!
Wrinkles...
Calling all friends, family, and beauty experts! My skin and I really need suggestions for a great, budget friendly moisturizer. Leave me a comment with your beauty tips....PLEASE!

5 comments:

Nathan and Whitney said...

Good job Joey! And good job to you!! Enjoy your time with Daddy!!

Jana said...

yay for the end of semester! :)

i like aveeno... but I'm getting wrinkles, too, so maybe that's not very good advice.

let me know if you find a miracle cure.

Carol and Tyler said...

try not to move your face at all during the day- no squinting, no winking, and ESPECIALLY no smiling.

If that doesn't work: get one of those night time creams from wal mart.

Kerri said...

Hallelujah! Those pushes make you love the times together more, don't you think? Way to go making it!

J-Lo said...

I use Great Value brand night cream which hasn't actually made my crow's feet any smaller, but it makes me feel better to put it on each night.