05 November 2012

Happy Halloween

There is something magical about Halloween that inspires me to blog! (and that's some REAL magic)

Last year as he sorted his pile of candy Jacob declared, "Mom, I am old enough now to decide on my own costume. I don't want to do your family idea next year." I agreed since making the Despicable Me minion heads pushed me to my nauseous, pregnant limit.

Fast forward to the beginning of October this year. I explained that he needed to make a decision about his costume so that I had time to get it figured out. After lots of time considering it he decided he wanted to be Super Mario with fire power. Luke then decided he wanted to be Luigi with a propeller suit so he could "fly".

After a little magical sewing, some great clearance finds, and some spray paint here is the result:







 One of my new favorite things, Mr. Potato Head Pumpkin Decorating!






2 comments:

J-Lo said...

LOVE IT! You are such an inspiration! Those jumping action shots are priceless:)

Oh, and the potato head pumpkin thing is genius. Picking out the pumpkins is all they like doing anyway...no guts:)

Kerri said...

Great job!! Halloween is so fun!!