15 April 2010

MUD RUN!

This is what j* said when I woke him up before we left.

Me: Good morning bud, it’s time to get up. Mommy is going to the mud run today.

j*: Are you feeling nervous like? You said you would feel nervous.

Me: No, I am feeling excited.

j*: Tell Daddy that he is supposed to pull you out of the mud if you get stuck. Will you take a shower before you come home?

Me: Okay, I will.

j*: Make sure Daddy stays with you!

Me: Sounds good.

Here are the basics:

- 3.8 mile trail around Irvine Lake

-16 different obstacles including 4 waist high walls, 2 ramps, 1 hay bale pyramid, 2 shallow mud pits where bear crawling is required and 7 pits where you are at least knee high in mud and water!

-5,000 racers

-2 of us having a fantastic time

J and I were able to join a team that was running to benefit a little boy who has lost his sight, “Gavin’s Groupies”. The KROQ dj made a special announcement at the start for his family and our group. We put on our orange (Gavin’s favorite color) and hit the trail. Here is our ‘before’ shot.



As with the most public facilities, the line for the men’s shower after the race was about a 5 minute wait versus the 45 minute wait in the women’s line. As Joey headed into the stalls, I realized that we neglected to take an after shot. So, here is our ‘joey after the shower, and me still waiting” shot.



You can check out one shot of us in action at the following link. http://www.brightroom.com/stf.asp?EVENTID=63650&PWD=&ID=84398572


My final thoughts:

-So much fun and everyone needs to do this at least once. Put it on your bucket list. If at this point you’re saying, “that’s not my kind of thing” …just think of me and embrace your inner mud-loving self. It will be the most entertaining 4 miles of your life!

-I’m in better shape than I give myself credit. Turns out pushing the boys around campus has been beneficial for all!

7 comments:

Jana said...

You're awesome! It sounds like quite an adventure.

Mary Postert said...

Looks like so much fun. Tiff, I'm so proud of you! You too, Joey.

Carol and Tyler said...

That is sooo awesome! Way to go, Moores!!!!! Good thing you had little guy looking out for you before you left :)

Carol and Tyler said...

oh, and nice xango jacket! I bet Gavin was jealous!

Kerri said...

woohoo! Love that you did this! Did Jacob approve of your cleanliness upon arrival back home? :)

J-Lo said...

So cool! I especially loved the action shot. You go!

Jen said...

Thanks for joining us! I'm Gavin's mommy - I found your blog while doing a search for "Gavin's Groupies". Awesome!

We will be doing the mud run again in April! :)

Thank you again... it touches me deeply, to have people come out and support Gavin. :)
xx
Jen