31 August 2008

90263

We now have a Malibu zip code and we are are trying to savor the flavor, becuase it sure isn't going to last past graduation. We are pretty much settled into our new apartment and we are enjoying our new surroundings, especially the proximity to the law school and the beach (not necessarily in that order.) This past Saturday, we saddled up and made our way down to L.A. to visit the Natural History Museum. Our primary purpose was to visit the butterfly pavilion. What we didn't realize, is that we shouldn't have told Jacob that we were going to see butterflies until we were AT the butterfly pavilion. At first his flapping arms and repitition of the word "flutterby" were pretty funny, but soon he became a little annoyed at how long he had to wait to see them. The clip below is fairly indicative of his enthusiasm for flutterbies. (Don't worry, he also likes dinosaurs, lions and other tough animals that growl.) After the butterfly pavilion, we made our way over to the natural history museum where we saw some dinosaur skeletons, etc.

Jacob and Daddy with T-Rex and Triceratops... it makes a dad proud to here his boy growl when he sees some dinosaur skeletons... especially after a trip to the flutterby pavillion!


Jacob and mommy lookin' good at the flutterby pavilion.

The picture below is from our trip to the Peterson Automotive Museum in L.A.
I snuck this one in as a tribute to "papa".


And finally... what's the best way to relax after a long day at the museum?
Take a bath, lay down and read the most recent edition of Malibu Times!


Ain't it the life!

7 comments:

Kerri said...

So you've got a girly-boy....ha ha just kidding!! That video and his little voice are so dang cute! Ryan wanted to watch over and over. Loves!

J-Lo said...

Those "fwu-wies" must have been the highlight of the day. Don't worry, reading about Matthew Mcconaughey will instill enough manhood in him to last a lifetime;)

Smith Family said...

We just went to the American Museum of Natural History in D.C. and got to see dinosaurs and butterflies too! Sophie loved it! I love seeing updates on you and your cute family. How are you feeling?

Tami said...

What a cute kid! I love the picture with you and Jacob. It's so neat to see moms in the pictures with their kids. I'm making my blog private, if you are interested just email me at tamipace@yahoo.com and I'll add you. Thanks and take care.

~ kietra ~ said...

love your blog, tiff! its so nice to see whats going on in your day to day! Jacob is darling!!! It was fun to see the video. It puts a little bit more depth than just photographs. Congrats on boy #2- I am sure they will be best buds!! No buddy like a brother!!! Gotta love using clothes again, too! That has been so nice!!

Pace & Gwen said...

I am so thrilled for you, that you get to be so close to the beach. I'm sad a little for us though, that we DON'T. Is that too selfish? :) Hope not. Jacob is so darn big, I love the video of him. He is too cute. Tell me again, will you be in the valley for Christmas or no? If so please, let's get together! I'll spend close to two months there I think... I'm looking forward to it!

Carol and Tyler said...

I believe there should be some pumpkin patch pictures of my favorite nephew being posted????? any day now??