17 December 2007

First Steps?

I used to think that a baby's first steps were an obvious milestone, so when I thought Jacob might be trying, I had the camera ready. However, it didn't turn out to be as obvious as I expected. Which event counted as the first? There were the attempts that started with him holding my hands and then biffing it when I let go. Then there was the time I was loading the dishwasher, looked up, and he was walking towards me. And let's not forget the over 20 times I tried to turn the camera on, only to find that he was suddenly more interested in the camera than his new found walking skills. So, whether this footage (from December 17th) is actually THE FIRST I can not guarantee, but I can tell you that when he wants to, Jacob can walk.

p.s. Enjoy the sound effects! Jacob comes up with those on his own.

11 comments:

Kerri said...

Yeaaahhhhh Jacob! Hey, Tiff, we all gathered round to watch Jacob walking. We are all way excited! We can't wait to see it in person! Have a very Merry Christmas! Loves from your Michigan homies!

Kerri said...

Oh, and I just saw your Christmas card! You got a talent, girl. So cute!

J-Lo said...

I can see he's still trying to establish his center of gravity. I especially like the Homer Simpson "Dough!" at the end. I'm liking the self-addressed stamped envelope idea for Christmas cards. I think you're really on to something:)

Sean, Em and Milo Volk said...

Oh Tiff! I LOVE the video! How fun! And the Doh at the end us the best! Love you guys! Em

Mary Postert said...

Not only in he walking, but he's doing it very well. And he's fast too. So cute. Can't wait to see you guys soon.

Tami said...

Congradulations on Jacob walking. He is growing up so fast. I went looking for familiar blogs and found yours. It so fun to see your family growing. I love the video. Congradulations!

Lacy Rane said...

He is so fast! What a great video. Although he's hardly the Jacob I remember . . . has it been that long since you moved?!
Glad you're enjoying CA. We sure love it there!

Pace & Gwen said...

Congratulations, Jacob!! Look out Mom and Dad :). I love his sounds effects, guys, he is so cute!! Can't wait to visit!

malibumoons said...

Yay! That's awesome! It's funny because Kierscha is walking all over the place now too, and she started the day we left for Utah. That's when you got Jacob right? It's kind of freaky, cause I never know when Kierscha is gonna take off, or if she'll biff it or not.
Hope you are enjoying family!
See ya back in Cali.

Sheri N. said...

Yeah! Jacob can walk. Congrats Jacob.

Grandma Moore said...

Just like his father, he "leads" with his left, or was it his right?

Excited to see you soon.

You may need the Penske again! Santa has been very good to Jacob, or is it that Jacob has been a good boy this year?

Lots of Love,

Peek-A-Boo Grandma Moore